Sunday, March 22, 2009

Duff Vader

So Duffy's concert was a blast, and a fantastic addition to my otherwise mundane weekend.

It wasn't even something I had planned beforehand. It was only yesterday I had the chance to lay my hands on a couple of tickets sold by my friend, who had to sell it off cheap because she couldn't attend. So I had spent the hours leading up to Sunday searching for someone to go with me. It was not until at noon that I got Cindy, who was quite enthusiastic about it, and I knew it was on. I really needed something to get my mind off the intimidating workload and crappy midterms, and this was it.

Well, there is only pretty much one word to describe the experience: Wonderful.

The arrangement was simple. Mostly live band songs, a couple of acoustic, all done in signature Duffy. She's barely 3 years older than me, but sounds way beyond her years, in a good way though. At times I felt I was 30 years back in time, but it was a fuzzy feeling, especially during the band numbers.

Listening to the album through earphones and hearing it live is totally different. Duffy sounded even better live, because you could pick up every single note and the rich, crazy vocal gymnastics were crisp through the sound system. Her voice is velvet, and it enveloped you like a warm blanket. It just made me love some of her songs even more.

The transitions in between the songs however, were somewhat non-existent, almost seemed like she was rushing through the album, to an extent that it made the concert seem pretty quick. I hope she had interacted more though. I could feel her through her songs, but more sharing could be done.

For those of you who haven't started listening, do so. You won't want to miss out on her.

No comments: