Friday, November 30, 2007

i quit apple

Ok, so I worked in Apple for a grand total of 2 days and I quit on the morning of the 3rd. It was way too tough and the returns were terrible. Imagine starting work at 11am and you have to stand all the way from then to 930pm, repeating the same information over and over again until your jaws hurt. There was not really a lunch break. Well, if you consider sitting on cardboard boxes in the storeroom eating packed lunch a break..

There was no fixed time for lunch. I had lunch at 4.30pm on the 2nd day and worked throughout dinner time all the way to 9 plus 10..in fact, I don't think they had dinner breaks at all. After that, you still had to do area cleaning. By the time I got home it was almost 11pm.

There was also no guarantee that you would sell anything (but of course!) and I sold nothing on the 2nd day, so I probably earned the base pay of $40. <--- what?!

I had actually intended to work until the end of December, then go for my relief teaching job, but I realised it was way too ridiculous to work all the way like that for 30 plus days..it was pure torture. C'mon, if at least the pay was higher or the welfare more humane I would have considered staying on.

I know money is hard to earn..but.. :(

It was tough for me calling the boss on the 3rd morning, although I wasn't bonded to any contract whatsoever(thank goodness), but I was still feeling a little guilty I hadn't lived up to my initial enthusiasm. I don't think I'll call back and ask for my pay...it's kinda awkward.

Anyways, I've been given a book to read for I'll be teaching literature next year for a semester. It's called 'The Outsiders'.. I haven't touched a book in ages..and now I'm barely past the 2nd chapter..Oops. Gotta hurry and make notes too.

Oh well. Nothing more to rant about for now, better do some reading before i go to sleep.

No comments: