Thursday, April 24, 2008

marking is in

It always feels nice to make people happy, especially the ones you love. Yesterday afternoon, I decided to drop by her student's tuition place to wait for her after lesson. With me was a tub of Ben & Jerry's. It was some chocolate flavour with brownies in it. She didn't know so I guess it was quite a pleasant surprise. Luckily I remembered to bring the spoons along. :P

Today was the start of the mid year exams and English was the first paper. I spent most of last night fielding questions from my students. Some needed advice while others encouragement. A couple irritated me by asking me things that I've gone through in class so many times.

Today was also my first time invigilating an exam. Many a times I have been part of the mass of students sitting in the hall feeling so nervous, as the invigilators prowled the isles. My students all seemed fine, or so I hope, as several of them finished more than half an hour before the end and were 'meditating'.

Scripts are in and already been divided. I can start on the 120 scripts anytime but I hope I can finish them before the literature scripts come in. Students don't bug me regarding your answers, I'm not marking any of the 2 classes. :)

No comments: