Saturday, October 6, 2007

broody

Ida Scott Taylor once wrote: Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering.

I tend to think about stuff too much. I ponder about the things I've done or said which I felt I shouldn't have or start worrying about certain things that I'm about to do because I'm afraid I wouldn't perform up to my expectations. It seems like I'm always judging myself and it feels like something's missing if I didn't worry.

That's why sometimes people see me as quiet because I'm just basically sitting there brooding. I really should be indulging in the present and making the most out of it. If not I'm going to end up regretting in the future not doing this and that and start brooding all over again.

Going to leave the army in about a month's time, don't know if it's too late to start looking for a job. It's rather strange. I've always planned to look for a job after my army but now when the opportunity is nearing, I'm starting to feel lazy again. Oh well.

No comments: