Monday, September 14, 2009

cycle.

Ice is the name of a dog. A dog I once kept. It was never a good decision to taking ownership of it, I had made a mistake back then and was compelled to find a better owner for him, and I did. I loved the dog but I had to let it go as we started to realise how little time we had for it.

She loved the dog too, much more than me in fact. I couldn't tell how much more, but it was obvious she loved it more. She blamed me for my mistake. I didn't have a choice though. I couldn't manage. Yes, it was bad judgement on my part and I regretted. Perhaps I had underestimated the impact of the action. I didn't want to admit that an animal could contribute to what was happening now, but perhaps it did play a role.

Maybe it was retribution. That I had made a bad decision adopting a dog and then going through the trauma of dealing with demands on both sides and being labelled irresponsible. Again, people had to be hurt because of a wrong choice. Probably I had paid for it, and the same thing happened to me.

I figure people normally had to give up things once close to them to make way for certain aspects of their life, so they could live with greater freedom without burden or responsibility, but this not necessarily bringing with it happiness. It happened to Ice, and it happened to me.

Tell me that's life.

No comments: