Monday, September 14, 2009

the date

Going out with someone so attractive is rather stressful, especially how all eyes seem to focus on her then drift to the guy beside her. It's just a date, but nothing else more. Not in my current situation.

I always had the impression that really pretty girls only look great with good looking guys, despite how almost everyone I know disputes it like crazy, boiling it down to my weird perspectives, suspiciously influenced by the media. Of course, we are not in primary school anymore, and looks probably play a secondary role in choosing a partner. It was only in those days when you say to an ugly girl you don't want to be her friend because she is ugly. Oh well, superficiality at its worst, but we were all too young. And kids are the most honest people in the world, no?

Anyway, she was a real stunner when she dolled up, and not just on the outside. She's a great person too. But I couldn't imagine myself dating her in a relationship. Firstly, she isn't available. Secondly, the words 'too pretty for me' kept popping up in my head. I figured out that as my confidence had steadily grown over these couple of years in other aspects in my life, I still can't figure why it takes a hit with pretty people. Maybe it's the theory of relativities when I walk next to her, or the constant pressure to look at least compatible.

Or maybe it's just the consequence of my past again, that is constantly hindering me in exploring possibilities in anyone else.

Afterall, I do know that I have what it takes, and it takes confidence to say that. And I know what I am capable of accomplishing. This shouldn't pose a problem to me, as long as I constantly believe in myself. Soon, I'll date pretty girls like her. Ha.

No comments: