Wednesday, August 1, 2007

of sushi and suggestions

Howard treated me to Sakae Sushi on Saturday. I'm a sua ku. It's my first time eating at this type of conveyor belt sushi restaurant.

It's a pretty cool concept since it gives consumers the illusion of variety. There are so many colourful dishes of sushi in different coloured plates passing by the tables, yet many are repeated. The 'cheap' dishes in green and blue plates don't really add up a lot of cost in production, but their supposedly cheaper price and nice presentation easily piles them up on the tables.

I personally like the tofu dish. Oh well, actually I love tofu in general. No matter how they're cooked, I enjoy it. Anyway, their salmon sushi topped with mayo wasn't too bad either. And I still hate wasabi.

The issue with this type of restaurant is that you have the tendency to just keep piling your table with little regards to the prices being added slowly but surely because all the dishes come in minute amounts on small cute plates, so you have the impression you are eating a little by a time and you sorta want to eat more. Afterall, the dishes are just centimetres away from your nose and you don't have to wait. So why not take another of those salmon sushi? =D

I think they aren't that cheap in the first place..The cheapest is $1.90 per dish. But sometimes, we see it as 1 dollar plus instead of $2. So the costs add up pretty quickly. Luckily I didn't have to worry about it. Not I pay. Haha.

Would like to thank Howard for giving me this birthday treat with the money he earned for submitting an a*my suggestion form, something I've probably done dozens of times with less than a quarter being actually approved.

That's what happens if you set a quota on the number of suggestions submitted and a deadline for them so as to look good on paper, with the real 'spirit' of feedback ignored, if there's such a thing.

If I have a suggestion, I'll submit it. You can't force feedback if you have nothing else to suggest! When you work in a mostly vegetated area in a mostly routine job, there is only this much you can talk about.

No comments: