Wednesday, August 29, 2007

more of these often please

Met up with a group of new friends I got to know in the car forum for dinner on Saturday. We went to this nice place called Dempsey Hill. It was a neat place on a hill around Holland Road, and it was basically a collection of pretty restaurants.

I can't believe myself for not discovering this place earlier, for it was really a great place to chill. We went to Ben and Jerry's restaurant near the top of the hill, and the great ambience really put me at ease.

Decided not to have any main course that day because I wasn't really hungry. Anyway, the restaurant had just introduced their dinner menus the evening before, so there was only 3 dishes you could order. Something along the lines of roasted chicken and beef burgers..looked good but pricey though..26 dollars..and the portions weren't fantastic. But just take it that you are paying for the ambience and it'll probably be worth it.

Ended up having a raspberry cheesecake, a coffee and a chocolate fudge Sundae. Sweet, sweet, sweet..

Stayed around and chatted until quite late and we also celebrated one of the member's birthday with durian puffs and mango cake. Great.

It was rather surprising how I felt at ease with a group of people I haven't met at all prior to the outing. They were all at least 5 years older than me and I thought I would have real problem fitting in because they were already a closely knit group. The feeling was really great, able to fit in quite comfortably with a bunch of unfamiliar faces. Maybe it was the ambience, maybe they were especially easy going.

I haven't had this combination of good company, great food and fantastic ambience in a while. We are probably going to meet up next month or so for another round of dining. Oh yah, I haven't mentioned, this group meets up about once a month for good food and company.

For one thing, I'll definitely be going back to Dempsey Hill to check out the rest of the restaurants.

No comments: