Sunday, September 2, 2007

the bad thing about owning a car

Sometimes I wonder if owning a car at a age where most of peers don't is a good thing.

Of course, the convenience of getting from A to B..the fun of buying and selling modifications..the occasional rush from spirited driving..

However, it has turned me into the driver for everyone in camp. You see..I'm fine with sending them in and out of camp. No issue because it's on the way. But really makes me wonder if I'm taking for granted for what I'm doing.

It has cast doubts on how I see people and how they see me. Are they really that friendly or is it because they feel obliged since I'm doing them favours. Will things be different if I was still taking a bus to camp? Will the newer guys talk to me that much?

Sometimes, it also irks me that some of them put it in such a way that it's only 'natural' that I fetch them out. Some always try to find out if they are doing duty with the 'cars', so that they have transport in/out of camp. And they will either go 'Yay, got car' or 'Damn, no car..sian'. Makes me feel that all they see in me as a person is actually my car, ironically, and nothing to do with what I am.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining. It has just clouded my perception on the people around me. Who's real, who's just feeling obliged to be nice?

No comments: