Monday, September 24, 2007

a ranting session

I know of 2 brothers who stay at the other end of the corridor. One is older while the other younger than me. Both always seem so accomplished and there is always this sense of envy whenever I see them.

The older brother is in NTU. He was an army officer in the commandos. The younger one is in the Singapore Sports School playing table tennis. Recently my dad commented that he had started playing golf. Both look much stronger, fitter and taller than me. And they seem to lead such vigorous, active lifestyles ever since I knew them..I remember they were quite enthusiastic in cycling, rollerblading and such.

Compared to them, I always seemed to be the plump, inactive guy. It made me wonder if I'm just average. Of course, it's not right to compare to them like this..but it just seems that I might just fade into the background if I stood beside them.

I think I'm too lucky. I'm not outstanding in terms of studies and other activites yet I can drive a car. Again it is unfair to compare like this but I almost seem to be the underachieving spoilt brat of the block beside them.

Sometimes I regret not getting really good at something. Then maybe I'll have some skill to be proud of and not look so meagre next to them.

Oh well...this post probably didn't make any sense at all. Why am I judging myself like that?

No comments: