Monday, February 11, 2008

i see clearer like wearing new specs

Sometimes we do get confused over the next step we should take in our lives. At this moment in time, there are so many things running through my mind. Or what my students would say in descriptive writing, running like a hungry lion chasing the poor deer.

Ok, so that was a pretty lame example. But I do get stuff like that in the course of my marking.

Anyway, I was saying that I've been thinking a lot recently. Recently as in the past week, the long holiday but significantly more in the last 20 hours. Well, it seems that there is simply so much untapped potential I could harness, so many resources I could jolly well access for the sake of a better future.

But sadly, I'm not doing anything much but sweating the small stuff all the time.

It just seems like my priorities in life have shifted quite a bit in the past month or so. Maybe it's the new year resolution syndrome kicking in or maybe it's so near Valentine's Day and there's this emo thing going on. Whatever it is, it just seems like there's this huge veil suddenly lifted from my eyes and this strange source of motivation starts kicking in from I don't know where.

But it feels good to have your vision cleared. Like peeling away dried green stuff at the corners of your eyes when you wake up in the morning (oh here we go again).

I guess this is one of those posts that only me can comprehend. The rest of you can just try to figure out what I'm babbling about.

1 comment:

Bee Hache said...

Congrats! I really enjoyed the way you wrote. You're young to be a teacher but by reading your post I've realized that you are mature enough. I'm from Brazil and it's hard to imagine the young people writing and also thinking the same way you do.