Wednesday, February 6, 2008

the story so far

Guess I haven't blogged in about slightly over a month. That's a long time in blog years. Have been teaching in Chung Cheng for the past month and for the 1st week of February. It's an amazing experience so far and I'm enjoying every moment of it.

I have two Secondary 3 classes and three secondary 2 classes. Some classes I always look forward to going, some classes require a bit of prior mental preparation. But in the end, all things end really well. No matter how the lesson goes, at the end of the day, there's still this tinge of satisfaction.

Sometimes, I don't really feel like a teacher. I'm only about 5 or 6 years older than them. Maybe 6 years is a long time, I don't know. But at least I don't feel very old in the classroom.

I never really expected to enjoy a teaching job so much. I've told myself once or twice in the past month or so that I'll continue with this job until my term ends no matter what kind of difficulty I face. The workload I face might be crazy sometimes but guess this is all part of the job.

There are moments in my life I hope can last as long as I want them to. This is one experience I wish I could extend.

No comments: