Friday, February 15, 2008

the Vday was unlike previous ones

How was your Valentine's Day?

I became a 'date facilitator' for my best friend this year. So the ideas came up over an evening few nights before D-day at Dempsey where we were scouting for potential restaurants there to take his girl to.

And somehow over cake at Dome Cafe I kinda offered to be their official driver for that evening. Mainly because the location was quite inaccessible without vehicle and the tight schedule would deem other forms of public transport a tad too inconvenient.

I shall not specify details on that particular evening. Let's just say it went smoothly admist fears of losing my way and ruining a wonderful evening. I told him I'll just drop them off at the nearest MacDonald's in case I really went in the wrong direction. He didn't seem to be humored. I don't know why.

That night, I felt a tinge of bitterness creeping up on me. Before I continue, let me clarify that this has nothing to do with the couple in the backseat. It feels great to be able to make a positive difference to a lovely evening. It's just me.

Just imagine one really beautiful evening you step out into the open and see, hear and feel this atmosphere of love surrounding you and then you wonder why you feel so out of place.

That's what I felt.

No comments: