Thursday, February 7, 2008

now this sure took a while.

"Most of our life is a series of images. They pass us by like towns on the highway. But sometimes, a moment stuns us as it happens. And we know that this instant is more than a fleeting image. We know that this moment... every part of it... will live on forever."

Many a time I'll look back at my life and wonder how things would be different if I made certain choices. And then I'll realise that half of the time I was paper chasing, going through the motions, just simply...living life as I should.

The other time in literature lesson, I was asking my students to share with me significant and memorable moments in their lives. Things that have changed their lives. I had actually wanted to hear their answers for myself. At the back of my head, I had went blank as I could not come up with any examples for myself.

Perhaps it's a good thing to realise this and probably things can be different. Perhaps moments like these really can be created and waited for. Will I be able to create these moments in the days to come? Can I make an impression?

Then just maybe the next time I stumble upon a One Tree Hill quote and decide to blog about it, I'll have at least something I can boast about or look back fondly on. And yes, it's about time I started on Season 4.

No comments: