Thursday, February 14, 2008

so i end up talking about school yet again

Today I shall attempt to blog with no prior topic in mind. At this present moment, I am only thinking of the next word I shall put down because simply, I just feel like writing.

I love writing.

Oh rather, should I say, I love typing down my thoughts. You could say that's probably called blogging. Look at the 3 word sentence making up the previous paragraph. I tell my students sometimes to use short sentences that are to the point to create an impact. I hope that did.

Speaking of students, sometimes I look at them and wonder what's running through their mind when I teach them. Why do they look so 'dead'? Why can't they just follow instructions sometimes? Perhaps it's the time of the day. I've been told the time of the day when you enter the classroom makes a significant difference to the behaviour and patience of these youngsters.

That's why sometimes I prefer my lessons to be in the early morning, where they are easier to manage, probably because two hours ago, they were still tucked in bed.

And then there are those who cast glances at me and giggle. Inaudible chatter follows. Things like these only happen for two reasons. They think you're cute or they are simply gossiping about something you probably shouldn't hear. Since it can't possibly be the former, I will hence instinctively check if my fly is undone (with much discretion of course) or pretend to scratch my upper lip to see if I had left anything unsightly behind when I was picking my nose earlier.

When I look at my students, I'll try to recall what I was like 5 or 6 years ago when I was in the exact same situation. What was going through my mind then? How have I changed for the past 6 years? I really cannot imagine any significant differences. Probably, I think more now. Much more. I guess thinking makes you grow. Sometimes, I wonder how much more mature I am compared to these young upstarts that I'm responsible for.

Oh. And isn't Valentine's Day today? How amazingly insightful the love in the air has made me..Don't you feel it already? It's one of the most commercialized days in the year. Probably I should just go out and get some flowers, just for the sake of it.

1 comment:

attituDeGIRL said...

hello hellooooo!
not bad! haha , anyway it's AMANDA! ((:
oh well , I heard tht , after army guys tends to think mature! ((: